Automobile engineering is basically concerned with automobiles be it designing, manufacturing or operating them.
Scope of Automobile engineering
Automobile industry has the credit of being one of the fastest growing industries of late. As an Indian and more so as an automobile engineering student, there is a good news related with you, that thanks to the average annual production of India, it comes as the 7th largest producer. Likewise, continuing with the pace, with which the automobile industry is growing, whopping 6 million cars are expected to be sold by the year 2020.
Considering the booming industry where we see advanced cars almost every other month gladly beautifying the roads and people are buying them in great numbers, due to their cost effectiveness as well as associated charisma too. India has seen some of the ever green cars whose charisma has still not faded completely. Here, I am talking about ambassador car, Maruti 800 etc. I am sure you would agree with me.
Hence, the data is clearly a proof about the rising potential automobile market which is naturally going to create ever increasing job opportunities to give you a “wow” factor for sure. There is a dire need for skilled people, who can take the responsibility of creating or producing advanced and sophisticated machines to enhance the glory on the roads further.
Considering the current scenario and the expected production in future, there are so many employment opportunities waiting for you in private transport companies, service stations, multinational automobile companies, defence services etc. You can equally be self employed by opening the automobile garage, thereby giving employment to many others as well.
What all you can expect from the roles?
- You will be responsible towards creating the vehicle right from the scratch, in terms of designing, developing and then manufacturing
- How can you miss blueprint, well it is important and you are supposed to create of its vehicle and components.
- Maintenance is another important aspect to take care in automobile workshops, aviation, aircraft industries, diesel power stations and marine vessels.
There are various factors which decide your salary. Student from IITs or NITs can potentially earn way more. Other than that, the size, profile and experience etc counts towards specifying the salary of an individual. Initially, a beginner can expect to get 20,000 – 25,000 per month while there is no bar for the experienced engineer who can surely expect 1, 00,000 per month and they are actually earning the same as well.
Higher Study Options:-
You can opt for many courses, if you want to study higher. I am mentioning some of the prominent courses:-
- Master in Vehicle Engineering
- Master in Automotive Embedded Software
- Master of Technology in Automotive Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Transportation Systems
- Master in Mechatronic Systems
- Master in Design and Development of Vehicle Dynamics
- Master of Transportation Sciences
- Master of Engineering Studies in Transportation Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Automotive Engineering
The post won’t be complete, if I don’t mention some of the prominent recruiters as you will realise your worth in the eyes of esteemed companies for sure:-
- L & T
- Ashok Leyland
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Heldex India
- Bajaj Auto
- Maruti Suzuki
- Hero Moto Corp
Finally, aforesaid is the post on automobile engineering. I am sure, it will be helpful for you.