What is distance education, benefits of distance education, universities providing distance education and etc
Distance education aims to deliver education to the students other than the usual traditional set up where the students are actually physically present, but not here.
If you talk about distance education, in the context of India, then it has seen a massive interest amongst youth and the strength of students has crossed whopping 10 million in the last 5 years.
Different graduate and post graduate programs are available through distance education while some enrol students on the basis of merit, others prefer an online test.
Distance education works under the guidelines of UGC as norms laid down by the same, have to be followed. IGNOU is the preferred university which is known for creating a wonderful change by way of offering different courses on distance learning education. Indira Gandhi National Open University is quite a big university on its own.
Benefits of Distance Education
- Drop outs get whopping time to continue with their studies, thanks to the courses offered by these distance education universities.
- No need to back out from your regular work, as you can study simultaneously while working full time
- The beauty of obtaining degree from any part of the globe
- Fees is way less than full time degree
- Based on the time of your convenience, you can get access online to the study material along with virtual classmates.
Now thanks to distance education, you can continue studies at your own pace without being in too much of pressure.
Following are the universities providing distance education:-
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Annamalai University, Tamilnadu
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmadabad
- IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute, Ghaziabad
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad
- Netaji Subhash Open University, Kolkata
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune
- Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Maharashtra
Following are quite popular courses of Distance Education:-
Distance education became further coveted with the entry of various professional courses
Through distance education, you can be a part of learning experience from not just those traditional courses in the form of Arts, Science and commerce, thanks to the entry of various professional courses at different levels. Such as teaching education, journalism and mass communication, library and information, nursing management along with the related different branches, information technology and computer science.
Finally, distance courses are widely adopted by universities across the world. Thanks to the massive technological advancement, distance education is being preferred all the more for its specific pleasant traits of giving attention to different individual and creating a global platform of communication with different students. You can go for the courses from the aforesaid mentioned colleges anytime you want. It will be quite cost effective and the best thing is that you will actually get an entire degree as well. I hope the post will give you a clear indication about the benefits of distance education along with the universities offering various distance education courses as well.