ePASS stands for Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships. It goes back to 1948 when India first started to provide scholarships to Post‐Matriculation and Post‐Secondary’s students. The underprivileged categories were also included in the program. Nowadays, Epass is mainly funded by the government.
The governments of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh manage the EPass. The applicants are grouped into two categories: the pre-matric and post-matric students. To receive the scholarship, the candidates have to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Since Telangana bifurcated, the program also got divided. One is known as Telangana ePass and another Andhra ePass. We have described the official rules of the whole application and selection process. The Procedure of Registration to Apply for Epass 2017- 2018 is explained below.
- 1 AP Epass Know Your Application Status 2017- 2018 (Same for Telangana Epass)
- 2 Required Documents for Telangana/AP epass (While Applying for the Scholarship)
- 3 TS/AP ePASS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- 4 The eligibility criteria of the post-matric scholarship assume the following set of rules:
- 5 What Courses are eligible for Epass Scholarship?
- 6 Reasons for rejection
- 7 Step By Step Procedure To Apply Post Matric Scholarships For Fresh Registration (2017-18) (Same For TS & AP)
- 8 How To Know Your Application Number For The Epass Renewal Process
- 9 Scholarships Offered at Epass
- 10 Overseas Scholarship Selection For Sc, St, Bc And Minority Services
- 11 Coaching to SC Students for Eligibility Tests for Admission in Foreign Universities
- 12 Prematric Scholarships
AP Epass Know Your Application Status 2017- 2018 (Same for Telangana Epass)
You can quickly check the scholarship status using the form no or the website. The link for finding the epass application status is http://epasswebsite.cgg.gov.in/.
Once you click the link, you are redirected to a new page. There you find a button for the epass status check online, placed in the mid-section of the page. Then, the candidate has to enter the following data here:
- birth date,
- the application number,
- the academic year,
- the SSC exam number,
- the SSC pass type,
- year of passing.
According to the AP norms for 2017 and 2018, BC, SC, and ST students still have time to apply for the scholarship. They can click on the official website for the same.
Furthermore, the TS ePASS scholarship status or TS ePASS status can be verified by only using the application number. The candidates need to access their official website at telanganaepas.cgg.gov.in. Here they must fill in the previously mentioned information. So they can obtain the TS scholarship status.
You must check the epass status AP (where AP Epass stands for Andhra Pradesh ePASS), at AP Epass Status 2017-18 @ https://epass.apcfss.in/ (online application). AP Epass is a scholarship that can serve both fresh and new entry student, but also those who need a renewal.
Telangana ePASS status for 2017 and 2018 can be found at www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in. The candidate should click on “Scholarship Status.” Then he or she will be directed to complete the same information as mentioned above.
Recommended: Minority Scholarship Schemes
Required Documents for Telangana/AP epass (While Applying for the Scholarship)
The required documentation for Telangana/AP epass include the following :
(1) a photograph that should have the same size as the one from the passport.
(2) the student card.
(3) the first page of the Bank Pass Book with information on the name the of student, bank account number, and IFSC bank code.
(4) the study certificate with the last seven years of study.
(5) a type of Common Entrance Test (such as Eamcet, PGECET).
How to Print Application
The form for application printing includes the SSC examination number, academic year, year of the pass, date of birth, and the SSC pass type. All this information is contained within a scholarship form.
TS/AP ePASS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Only students whose parental revenue is no more than 2 Lakhs qualify for Epass scholarships. Another fundamental condition is that they should attend at least 75% of the courses.
The students whose family earns more than 2 Lakhs are not eligible for the scheme. Also, those that are not in SC, ST, BC, EBC, and DW (Disabled) categories, do not fulfill the criteria of the scholarship. Also, those who want to enroll in online or part time courses/distant mode, again are not eligible. So are the students sponsored by other institutions or from other sources? The EBC students from Intermediate courses or similar courses are also not eligible.
The Telangana Epass governmental Scholarships are subject to a series of eligibility criteria, as stipulated in the official documents of Telangana Epass Scholarships Fresh and Renewal Procedure, Epass renewal 2016-17 last date.
The eligibility criteria of the post-matric scholarship assume the following set of rules:
(1) The total revenue of the family members of the applicant and the income of the candidate himself should be no more than 1 lakh yearly. An exception applies for those who are part of SC and ST communities who may have a family income of 2 lakhs.
(2) about the age criteria, the limitation has to be set according to the level of study (30- 34 years for post graduates; 25- 29 years for graduate; 20- 24 years for intermediate).
(3) the interval between graduated and the current course should be at most two years.
What Courses are eligible for Epass Scholarship?
The eligible courses have to be authorized in the first place by the University and its Board for one year or more. There are two main groups:
(1) The professional courses, where we include the degree and medicine, technology, engineering, agriculture, veterinary sciences, business finance, management, administration and computer applications, etc.
(2) The highest degree in specialized courses, such as Ph.D. and post-doctoral programs, or other graduate and certificate levels, and also post graduate courses.
List of Colleges eligible for Epass Scholarship?
The eligible colleges are all the government accredited Post Matric Colleges. The Departments of Higher Education, the Health Medical, and Family Welfare, the Employment, and Training, are examples of Administrative Departments announcing the eligible colleges, information that has to arrive at the Commissioner of Social Welfare.
Reasons for rejection
- Students shall be rejected if they come from an inappropriate caste from an income perspective. If they miss classes or courses, do not send all the necessary documentation (such as income certificates).
- Apply for the wrong course and year of study, if they ask for scholarships when studying at the same course level,
- When applicants have not been recommended by a Field Officer when they did not receive the renewal proposal (in case of renewals),
- When they were subject to sanctions before renewal if they do not attend the courses etc.
Step By Step Procedure To Apply Post Matric Scholarships For Fresh Registration (2017-18) (Same For TS & AP)
Candidates can apply for the Epass scholarship only once in a year. It is necessary that the application is made no sooner that one month after the admission date. The study certificates, also known as bonafide certificates, are to be issued at the time of submission. The Field Officer is the one in charge with checking the file of the candidates. The recommendations can be sent a week after this verification made by the Field Officer.
Further on, there are some requirements that have to be accomplished for a successful registration. For instance, students have to own a particular student card, a caste certificate, and income certificate, a bank account, a mobile phone number for finalizing the application (as a password is sent through SMS), a bonafide certificate, the common entrance test. Also, in case they are students of intermediate education level, the online admission form from issued by the Board of Intermediate Education has to be filled in. Finally, the applications have to be registered and confirmed to the student.
How To Know Your Application Number For The Epass Renewal Process
When applying for the Telangana scholarship, each candidate is assigned an application number. However, if someone does not remember this name, he or she should follow a particular procedure for recovering it. The first step is to enter the portal. Then, the candidate will have to search for a highlighted scrollbar, and move it to the bottom of the web page, tThis allows an option of displaying the application number to appear. A click on this option allows for another web page to show up. Here, the applicant has to complete certain information details, such as the SSC Hall Ticket Number or the Academic year of your study. Finally, the search button links us to the display of the Epass Application Number.
Scholarships Offered at Epass
The Epass scholarship program offers post matric and pre matric scholarship under different forms, namely:
(1) Reimbursement of Tuition Fee (RTF) on post matric courses once these are authorized by the Board of the university two times per year.
(2) Maintenance charges on a monthly basis.
According to Epass data on backward class and disabled welfare, the maintenance fees for years 2011- 2012 covered 962 hostlers, 442 students managed hostels, and 429-day scholars, in case of engineering, medicine, CPL, MCA, and MBA courses. Ph.D. candidates who receive the scholarship have been in the category of hostlers (682), students managed hostels (442), and day scholars (429). Finally, those owning a degree also qualified for Epass, as well as students from Polytechnic, IT, and vocational areas.
Telangana and AP Epass scholarships need to serve students from ten districts. One relevant category of such scholarships are the Hyderabad types of scholarships that are also linked to the introduction of GPS and Wifi City applications. The Total Survey of Telangana was useful for gathering feedback on adding technological functions through applications.
Students qualifying for Telangana scholarship are accommodated in Karimnagar, Hydebarad, Nalgonda, and Warangal. The new website created for TS scholarships (at TS ePASS home page telanganaeepass.cgg.gov.in) is very similar to the previous site version, with small changes incurred only.
Overseas Scholarship Selection For Sc, St, Bc And Minority Services
According to the last ePASS Releases Abstract Report, the scholarships for minorities have been provided to no less than 124.429 students in the academic year 2016- 2017.
Furthermore, Epass organizes and Overseas scholarship selection for minorities. The selection procedure assumes a series of stages:
(1) The applicant must fill up a registration, form;
(2) Candidates have to gather all the necessary documentation at the Welfare Department in Hyderabad.
(3) After checking their files, applicants have to pass an interview
An example for a recent minority scholarship would be the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhischolarship programme(Social Welfare Department, 2014) destined to provide financial support to those engaged in post-graduate courses, professional courses, or other graduate courses at foreign universities, and being initiated in 2013. The programme seeks to help students with family revenue of less than 2 lakhs per year. Therefore, candidates have to present certificates from the employers, when the case. Another important criteria, besides the income, is the age, as applicants should have at most 35 years old. Then, one strong competitive advantage among candidates is a high mark for his/her degree in all the areas that the scholarship applies (management/ sciences/ engineering/ medicine/ humanities/ agriculture etc.), in case of those competing for scholarships for a post graduate course (the applicant will be attributed a score generated by 60% from this mark). The same applies to Ph.D. courses. Also, there is not possible for more than one member of the same family to be a beneficiary of the scholarship
Therefore, candidates have to present certificates from the employers, when the case. Another important criteria, besides the income, is the age, as applicants should have at most 35 years old. Then, one strong competitive advantage among candidates is a high mark for his/her degree in all the areas that the scholarship applies (management/ sciences/ engineering/ medicine/ humanities/ agriculture etc.), in case of those competing for scholarships for a post graduate course (the applicant will be attributed a score generated by 60% from this mark). The same applies to Ph.D. courses. Also, there is not possible for more than one member of the same family to be a beneficiary of the scholarship programme and there, cannot be attributed more than one scholarship to the same person. The countries that qualify for the programme are Canada, UK, USA, Australia, and Singapore. The mandatory requirements for minorities applying for Epass are:
The same applies to Ph.D. courses. Also, there is not possible for more than one member of the same family to be a beneficiary of the scholarship programme and there, cannot be attributed more than one scholarship to the same person. The countries that qualify for the programme are Canada, UK, USA, Australia, and Singapore. The mandatory requirements for minorities applying for Epass are:
(1) own a passport;
(2) an international language certificate, such as IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, or GRE;
(3) being admitted at a foreign university that has accreditation;
(4) being admitted to the foreign university in the interval of one year starting from the date of being selected for the scholarship programme, otherwise the scholarship is retrieved;
(5) the applicant has to study the same area the scholarship was granted for and thus cannot change its curriculum;
(6) in case the selected candidate needs to obtain a visa for travelling in the foreign country for study purposes, this is the sole responsibility of the individual himself;
(7) any applications that do not contain all the required documentation are eliminated from the scholarship competition in the first stage of selection process.
Coaching to SC Students for Eligibility Tests for Admission in Foreign Universities
The selection procedure involves certain phases that have to be followed. At the beginning, the scholarship programme is advertised in universities and in the online media, such as the Epass website. There are two main campaigns here, one takes place August and September, respectively the other in January and February. Then, the online portal for application is opened. Candidates can apply in two rounds: during August and September, and between January and February.
Also, the programme contains criteria for gender anti-discrimination policies, as women should represent 33% from the total selected candidates. However, this might not apply when there are not enough female applications. The portal where applications must be uploaded is http://www.apsocialwelfare.cgg.gov.in. The documentation be uploaded by the candidates should contain personal data (name, birth date, certificates of revenue, the Epass identification number, the certificate of residence, the score obtained at TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT or GRE exam, an official document with all the marks obtained at graduate level or post graduate level, or all the results from exams if still a student, the proof of admission at the foreign university (letter of acceptance), the bank pass book, and a photo.
The committee organizing the selection process is set at the state level or national level and has five members:
(1) the chairman, in the person of the Social Welfare’s Principal Secretary
(2) three regular members (a Technical Education Commissioner, the Vice-Chancellor, and AP State Council of Higher Education’s Secretary)
(3) the convener (the Social Welfare Commissioner)
The scholarship is provided in two main installments: Rs.5.00 lakhs when the student presents the immigration card, respectively the other Rs.5.00 lakhs when the results or outcomes from the first semester can be evaluated. Additional Rs.10.00 lakhs are offered to selected candidates for accommodation and food expenditures. Further on, candidates are able to lend Rs.5.00 lakhs from a Nationalized Bank with at advantageous interest rate. More than that, students are allowed to earn more by working as teaching assistants or researchers within the university. The journey costs shall be reimbursed for low-cost companies only, as well as the expenses related to visa release. Of course, the student has to present the proper documentation to prove these expenses: bills, receipts, reservations, tickets etc.
Set up by Epass system, with the implication of Andhra Pradesh’s Welfare Department, the pre matric scholarships can be obtained by eligible candidates, who send online applications. Those who receive the scholarship have the possibility to withdraw funds either using an ATM, either through fingerprint authentication online system provided by Micro ATM and UIDA technology.
The eligibility criteria for being selected as a Prematric scholarship beneficiary are as follows:
- the caste of the student
- the parents’ annual revenue being less than Rupees Two Lacs
- owning an Aadhar card
- passing all exams for an entire year.
Students from the Government School, Zilla Praja Parishad, Mandal Praja Parishad, Municipalities’ schools, are given high priority within the selection process. So are the students of other schools and institutions funded by the government