If you love to serve the country with an eye to face challenges against all odds, with the sole intention of repaying back to the country which has given so much, then Air force jobs is meant for you.
Indian Air Force is such a reputed and esteemed force of Indian Armed Forces which is also referred as Military Force. In order to become an officer, there is series of different qualification which you need under different jobs.
Like in Army, Indian Air Force has 2 types of commissions which are namely:-
- Permanent Commission – Here you continue to work till your retirement
- Short Service Commission – Here you work for a specific time period
As talked before, that IAF is based on the study of different posts or branches and you need to possess specific qualification to be eligible for the same, here’s what I mean:-
Career in IAF with regards to Branches
- Aeronautical Engineering Branch (It relates to Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering Electronics)
- Flying Branch (Here’s the most ambitious post of all, where you need to fly and took those daring events in your stride, then even a simple graduate with National Defence Academy (NDA) will do
- Ground Duty branches
Career in IAF with regards to the qualification you possess
I must tell that IAF weighs heavily on the technical part of education, you possess. That clearly means, you ought to have technical aspect in line with the needs and requirement of Indian Airforce jobs.
- A simple 10+2
- Having Engineer and Graduate degrees in the areas of Flying Branch, Ground Duty Branches and Technical Branch
- You need to be Post Graduate for the duties related with Ground
While browsing the official website for the Airforce jobs, you will see periodical jobs to help you realise that IAF indeed needs dedicated, honest, experienced and hard working candidates like you. You just need to have required qualities in you to be eligible for the mentioned posts. There are series of Airforce Jobs which are mentioned as follows:-
Different types of popular Air Force Jobs in India
- Name of the post – Wireless Operator Mechanic (WOM) HSWGde-ll
Grade Pay – 5200-20200 GP-₹ 2400
You need to be certified from Wireless Operator Mechanic with 2 years of exp. or you need to have worked as Wireless Operator Mechanic as an Ex-serviceman with 3 years of exp.
- Name of the Post – Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
Grade Pay – ₹ 5200-20200 GP-₹’ 1900
- You need to be 10+2 from a recognised university or possessing equal qualification to get airforce job
- You should have at least a typing speed of 30 words per minute in Hindi and 5 words higher in English i.e. at 35 words per minute in English.
- Name of the post -Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)
Grade Pay – 5200-20200 GP-₹ 1800
- You need to be matriculation passed.
- It will be an added advantage if you have 1 yr of working exp. as Watchman or Gestetner Operator or Lascar or Mali from an institute
Age Limit for the posts
Written test based on Aptitude skills will be conducted on the following
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General English, Numerical aptitude
- General Awareness
The test paper will be in Hindi and English
Based on the performance, candidates will be called for interview